Antimicrobial Plastics - Global Market Outlook 2017-2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 3, 2019--The “Antimicrobial plastics - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Antimicrobial plastics market accounted for $28.12 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $65.25 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period. Factors such as the growing application in medical and packaging industries, rising customer awareness about health-related diseases and infections are driving the market growth. However, price volatility and strict government regulations are restricting the market growth. In addition, development of textile industry will provide ample opportunities for the market growth.
Antimicrobial plastics are built to inhibit the growth of pathogenic microorganisms like bacteria, algae, and fungi. The antimicrobial plastic is also known as polymeric biocides which have certain antimicrobial agents and additives like organic-metallic biocides and arseni-based oxybisphenox arsine (OBPA) are infused. Such plastics comprise antimicrobial polymers which augment its durability, transparency and hardness. Typically, antimicrobial polymers are produced by attaching or docking an active antimicrobial agent to a polymer backbone via an alkyl or acetyl linker. While antimicrobial polymers can enhance the productivity and selectivity of currently used antimicrobial agents, antimicrobial polymers reduce environmental hazards, since they are generally non-volatile and chemically stable.
Based on Application, medical and healthcare segment has acquired significant market growth during the forecast period. Rising income levels, increasing expenditure on health and improving lifestyles is driving the demand from the medical and healthcare application. Antimicrobial plastics offer various advantages in the medical and healthcare industry such as cleanliness, sterility, convenience, ease of use, and low cost. Based on geography, Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the largest market share during the forecast period due to the increasing population, growing antimicrobial plastic consumption and rapid urbanization.
What the report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
- Bayer Material Science AG
- Lonza Group AG
- Sanitized AG
- BASF SE
- Polyone Corporation
- King Plastic Corporation
- Milliken Chemical
- PARX Plastics N.V.
- Clariant AG
- Microban International Ltd.
- RTP Company
- Porex Technologies
- Americhem Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9oehr
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190503005457/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MANUFACTURING CHEMICALS/PLASTICS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/03/2019 01:46 PM/DISC: 05/03/2019 01:46 PM