AP NEWS
Click to copy
Click to copy

9 hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Maryland

August 4, 2019

EDGEMERE, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say a child was in critical condition and eight others have been hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning at a cluster of homes outside Baltimore.

The Baltimore County Fire Department said Sunday that five adults and three children were in stable condition Sunday morning in addition to the child in critical condition.

The fire department said a portable generator created the excess carbon monoxide and affected multiple homes on St. Clair Lane in Edgemere.

All those hospitalized were taken to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore.

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.