Victoria Beckham hints at being invited to Prince Harry’s wedding
Victoria Beckham has hinted that she and her husband David have both been invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding.
The 43-year-old fashion designer was quizzed about the upcoming royal wedding during her appearance on ‘The Late Late Show with James Corden’, and while she refused to confirm she’ll be attending the nuptials on May 19, Victoria also stopped short of issuing a denial.
Asked about the rumors, Victoria - who was sat on the sofa alongside basketball legend Shaquille O’Neal - said: “I, uh, I, I don’t know...”
Victoria’s stuttering response prompted Shaquille to say: “She’s totally going.”
The former Spice Girls refused to be specifically drawn on what she’ll be doing on the day of the wedding, but she admitted it’s given her country something to cheer.
She explained: “England is so excited. It is so great, isn’t it? They look so happy.”
Meanwhile, Victoria was happy to confess that she won’t be designing Meghan’s wedding dress.
But, she added: “I’m sure she’ll look incredible.”
By contrast, Sir Elton John revealed earlier this week that he hasn’t yet been invited to Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding at St George’s Castle at Windsor Castle.
The 71-year-old singer - who was a close friend of the Prince’s late mother, Princess Diana, and sang at her funeral - cancelled a number of his Las Vegas shows to be available for the high-profile nuptials, and would love to attend the event.
Asked whether he’ll be present at the ceremony, the ‘Candle in the Wind’ hitmaker - who attended the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011 - said: “I haven’t been asked to the wedding yet.
“I would love to be at the wedding to see them because I think they are happy. I know they are so happy.”