The Industrial Computed Tomography Solutions Industry, 2019 - Innovation That Fuels New Deal Flow & Growth Pipelines - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 16, 2019--
The “The Industrial Computed Tomography Solutions Industry” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Major opportunities for the CT market are from the automotive segment, aerospace & aviation segment, and electronics segment.
Despite existing benefits, the scanning speeds and high costs of CT scanners hamper equipment adoption among manufacturers. Speed is crucial in manufacturing and will continue to play a critical role in pushing companies to adopt CT scanning systems.
Additionally, despite the potential advantages of CT systems, ongoing research shows that another key challenge is sustaining growth in a market with extreme price sensitivity at all levels.
Of the more than 30 companies in this space, 18 have delivered commendable performance by capitalizing on the positive trends impacting the market.
They can be broadly categorized into 3 groups:
- Companies that score very high on both growth and innovation, which are well-known industry leaders that have a history of being at the forefront of innovation.
- Companies that score high on innovation but delivering lower growth, which appear in the bottom right of the radar and are the brink of witnessing higher growth due to a significant focus on innovation. These include known leaders as well as relatively new market entrants.
- The third group of companies includes those implementing some level of innovation, which results in growth but not to the level seen in the other groups.
The classification of CT systems under the scope of this study, based on focal spot size and acceleration voltages, include:
- Nano CT: Systems that have X-ray tubes with focal spots less than 1 m and are most suited for scanning small objects; acceleration voltages in the range of 50 to 160 kV
- Micro CT: Systems that use X-ray tubes with focal spots between 1 and 100 m achievable by placing the object as close as possible to the focus; acceleration voltage of 80 kV to 450 kV
- Mini CT: Systems that have X-ray focus from 100 m to 1 mm; acceleration voltage from 320 kV to 450 kV
- Macro CT: Systems with focal spot size beyond 1 mm; acceleration voltages above 450 kV
Key Topics Covered
1. Industry Overview
2. The Industrial CT Solutions Market
- Description of Companies Plotted
3. C2A - Market Participant Profiles
- GE Inspection Technologies (Baker Hughes GE IT)
- Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology, LLC
- Wenzel Group GmbH & Co. KG
- YXLON International GmbH
- Nikon Metrology
- North Star Imaging
- Diondo GmbH - X-ray systems and services
- Werth Messtechnik GmbH
- GOM Metrology
- Bruker Corporation
- RayScan Technologies GmbH
- RX Solutions
- Rigaku Corporation
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Thermo Scientific
- VJ Technologies
4. The Last Word
- Key Takeaways
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/77fksm
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190516005607/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Computed Tomography,3D Printing
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY OTHER TECHNOLOGY MANUFACTURING AEROSPACE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/16/2019 08:58 AM/DISC: 05/16/2019 08:58 AM