AP NEWS

Fire damages American Inn in Angola

March 22, 2019

An accidental fire caused by electric wiring in the basement damaged the American Inn in Angola this morning, the Angola Fire Department said. No one was injured.

In a statement, it said firefighters were called to the inn, 3980 North Indiana 127, at 7:30 a.m. and found a two-story building with heavy fire showing from the first and second story. The blaze was controlled within half an hour.

The fire started in the basement and ran its way up the stairs to the second floor, the statement said.