Tips to Take Better Care of Your Clothes this Season
(StatePoint) From dripping popsicles to grassy soccer fields, your clothes will become susceptible to a wide array of stains and odors over the coming months.
Use these tips to keep your wardrobe fresh-smelling and looking new as long as possible:
• Air out: Give wet, sweaty clothes and towels a chance to breathe. When you get home from the beach, gym or baseball diamond, empty your bag of soiled items.
• Understand stains: Science shows there is no single one ingredient that cleans every kind of stain well. For example, spaghetti sauce stains are best treated by peroxides, while grass stains are best treated by enzymes. For this reason, it’s important to look for a cleaning solution that can fight all the different kinds stains you may encounter this season. Combining more ingredients than other brands, consider adding Biz Stain and Odor Eliminator to your loads, which works to make clothes brighter while eliminating a wider range of stains.
• Pre-treat: For tough stains, pre-treat the area with a multi-faceted solution. Wet the garment with warm water and apply a stain treatment directly to the area. Rub gently and wait five to 10 minutes, being careful not to allow it to completely dry. Then, wash your clothing as usual.
• De-odorize: When the mercury rises, your clothes need a bit of extra care to keep them smelling fresh. Give clothes a boost with products designed to keep laundry fresher longer.
• Fabric care: You are likely pulling out such warm weather wear as seersucker, linen and silk. Extend the life of your wardrobe by reading individual garment’s labels and following care instructions.
Laundry day comes with its own set of challenges during the warm weather months, when life takes us outdoors and into the heat, and our clothes suffer the consequences. However, new tools and old tricks can help your favorite gear survive the season in great condition.
Photo Credit: (c) Ardijatree / stock.Adobe.com