Related topics

Woman Routed by Fire Twice in Three Days

December 17, 1986

EAST GREENWICH, R.I. (AP) _ A woman who lost all her belongings in a weekend fire saw her new lodgings go up in flames three days later.

Barbara Audet said she was sleeping at her mother-in-law’s house Tuesday when she was awakened by intense heat and a crackling sound. The building burned to the ground.

″Luckily, my son was staying with my mother,″ she said. ″... He still has the fire at our house on his mind.″

On Sunday, Mrs. Audet, her husband and 4-year-old son lost their belongings in a blaze at their apartment.

Fire officials determined that Sunday’s fire was caused by faulty wiring in an adjacent apartment. The fire Tuesday was of a suspicious nature, officials said.

Update hourly