Pakistan B2C E-Commerce Market, 2019 - The Prevalence of the Internet Increases - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 4, 2019--The “Pakistan B2C E-Commerce Market 2019” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Fast growth in Pakistani E-Commerce, according to the research
Pakistan B2C E-Commerce Market 2019 highlights the rapid growth of the Pakistani B2C E-Commerce market.
Development of the Pakistani E-Commerce market
Despite being still in the early stages of development, over 2018, the E-Commerce market in Pakistan increased two-fold. The market is propped up by increasingly better Internet penetration rates and more mobile device usage.
The prevalence of the Internet increases
Between 2010 and 2017, the Internet penetration rate has almost doubled. However, even with this high rate of growth, Pakistan’s share of Internet users still falls below the average in Asia. Despite this, Pakistan’s large population compensates and a quarter of these Internet users are already shopping online.
The rise of mobile
Desktop may be the most used device to access the Internet in Pakistan, but the number of mobile users is growing. Driving this potential for the rise of mobile shopping, by 2025, half of the population of Pakistan is expected to have mobile devices.
Questions Answered in this ReportHow large was Pakistan’s B2C E-Commerce market in 2018? Who are the leading E-Commerce merchants in Pakistan? What are the top drivers and barriers of online shopping in Pakistan? Which key market trends influence the development of online retail in Pakistan?
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International ComparisonsB2C E-Commerce Market Overview, January 2019 Retail Sales CAGR, in %, by Selected Fast-Growing Markets Worldwide, incl. Pakistan, 2016-2021f Internet Users, in Selected Countries in Asia, incl. Pakistan, in millions, 2017 Share of Internet Users Who Do Not Trust Online Shopping, in % of Internet Users Who Have Never Shopped Online, by Selected Markets Worldwide, incl. Pakistan, March 2018 Mobile Phone Ownership, in % of Individuals, by Selected Markets Worldwide, incl. Pakistan, December 2017 Share of Internet Users Likely to Use Mobile Payment in the Next Year, in %, by Selected Markets Worldwide, incl. Pakistan, March 2018
3. TrendsBreakdown of Internet Traffic by Device, in %, December 2018 Mobile User Penetration, in % of Individuals, 2017 & 2025f Online Activities Performed at Least Weekly, by Smartphone and Desktop/ Laptop, in % of Internet Users, April 2017 Types of Apps Used, in % of Feature Phone or Smartphone Owners, December 2017 Top 5 Industries on Facebook, by Number of Followers, in thousands, 2018e
4. Sales & SharesValue of B2C E-Commerce Transactions, in PKR billion, and Number of B2C E-Commerce Transactions, in millions, FY 2017-2018 B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD million, 2015, 2016 & 2020f B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales, in %, March 2018
5. Internet Users & Online ShoppersInternet Penetration, in % of Individuals, 2010 - 2017 Number of Broadband Subscribers, by Technology and Total, in thousands, FY 2013/2014 - 2017/2018 Breakdown of Frequency of Online Shopping, in % of Internet Users, March 2018 Reasons for Not Using the Internet, in % of Non-Internet Users, December 2017 Reasons to Shop Online, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2018 Barriers For Online Shopping, in % of Internet Users Who Have Never Shopped Online, March 2018
6. ProductsAwareness of Platforms for Buying and Selling, in % of Internet Users and Usage of the Platforms for Buying and Selling, in % of Internet Users Aware of these Platforms, December 2017 Major Product Categories Purchased in B2C E-Commerce, December 2017
7. PaymentNumber of Local E-Commerce Merchants Accepting Digital Payments, in Units, FY 2017, Q1-Q4 FY 2018 Value of E-Commerce Transactions With Domestically Issued Cards, in PKR billion, and Number of Transactions, in millions, by Credit Cards, Debit Cards and Pre-Paid Cards, FY 2017-2018 Share of Cash-on-Delivery (COD) Transactions in B2C E-Commerce, in %, March 2018 Breakdown E-Commerce Orders by Cash on Delivery and Prepayment, by Order Value, in %, 2017
8. DeliveryBreakdown of Primary Reasons for Not Shopping Online, incl. Delivery-Related, in % of Internet Users, December 2017
9. PlayersMost Used E-Commerce Platforms’ Location, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2018 Top 5 E-Commerce Websites, by Total Website Visits, in millions, incl. Rank Among All Websites in Pakistan, Pakistan’s Share of Website Visits on Desktop, in %, November 2018 Top 10 Online Shopping Websites, 2018e Profile of Daraz.pk, January 2019
Companies MentionedAlibaba Group Holding Limited Amazon Inc Daraz.pk Facebook Inc Homeshopping.pk OLX Inc. Shopdaily.pk Shopping.com Yayvo.com
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/shtx8c/pakistan_b2c?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190204005389/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC PAKISTAN
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ONLINE RETAIL RETAIL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/04/2019 08:24 AM/DISC: 02/04/2019 08:24 AM