United Way brings EPIC volunteer training to region
HUNTINGTON — United Way of the River Cities has partnered with Huntington-based coaching and consulting firm EPIC Mission to provide a two-part volunteer development training for regional nonprofits beginning at noon for two consecutive Thursday afternoons on Sept. 13 and 20 at CoWorks, 1000 5th Ave. in Huntington.
Andrea Roy, director of community impact, said the training sessions will address United Way’s five-county service footprint and offer the best ways to attract, engage, retain, and leverage a volunteer workforce. She said objectives of the training include:
• Why volunteers matter
• Who makes a great volunteer
• Why people choose to volunteer
• Where to find top-notch volunteers
• Crafting volunteer role descriptions
• Holding volunteers accountable while keeping them happy & engaged
• Best practices & common pitfalls (and how to avoid them)
• Helpful systems, processes and resources
At each session, basic and advance training will be provided, and lunch and light refreshments will be served. This series was made possible by a Volunteer Generation fund grant.
RSVPs to the volunteer development workshops are requested at www.unitedwayrivercities.org/events/volunteer. Contact Roy at 304-523-8929, ext. 107, or email@example.com.