Trump Rally: If You’re Going
Get there early and prepare for rain — but do not bring an umbrella.
Mohegan Sun Arena has released more details about President Donald Trump’s visit to the arena on Thursday to support U.S. Rep. Lou Barletta’s campaign for the U.S. Senate.
According to an updated announcement on the arena’s website:
• The arena parking lot, off Highland Park Boulevard, will open at about noon.
• No vehicles will be allowed on site before the parking lot opens.
• The arena doors will open at about 4 p.m.
• Those arriving after 5 p.m. should use the Mundy Street entrance to the parking lot.
• Highland Park Boulevard will be closed in both directions from the Interstate 81 exit ramp to Mundy Street from about 5 p.m. till 8:15 p.m.
• No weapons of any kind will be allowed on arena property, including the parking lot. This includes pocket knives, chains and chain wallets.
• As of Tuesday, no umbrellas will be allowed Inside the arena. The website announcement notes that the umbrella policy is subject to change.
• There is no protection from the weather when standing outside the arena entrances. No one will be permitted inside until doors are opened for the event.
• Accuweather calls for a chance of strong thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening.
• Cameras, cellphones, video and audio recording devices are permitted. However, no professional lens cameras or detachable lens cameras are allowed.
Additionally, a no-drone zone will be in effect for a 15-mile radius around the arena and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m., according to Wilkes-Barre Twp. police.
— STAFF REPORT