2-Day Asian Stainless Steel & Alloys Forum 2019 (Shanghai, China - June 18-19, 2019) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 19, 2019--The “Asian Stainless Steel & Alloys Forum 2019” conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Around 200 people across the entire stainless steel supply chain attended the Asian Stainless Steel Forum 2018, held in Shanghai in June 2018. The Asian stainless steel industry will meet again at the same place on June 18th & 19th, 2019 to discuss topics that will shape the industry in the future.
There you will be able to listen and learn from top class industry speakers from the entire stainless & special steel supply chain:
- Stainless & Special Steel Producers
- Stainless & Special Steel Traders/Stockists/Distributors
- End Users of Stainless and Special Steel
- Raw Material Suppliers (Nickel, Chrome, Molybdenum, Scrap)
- Industry Analysts and Consultants
- Banks & Financial Institutions
The various networking opportunities are the perfect platform for face-to-face discussions about all critical issues that will shape the success of the industry in the years ahead. This conference is a unique gathering place for companies throughout the entire stainless & special steel supply chain and thus the perfect opportunity to expand your personal network.
Reasons to Attend
- Top Class Industry Speakers
- Excellent Networking Opportunities
- Fireside Chat With Top Executives
- Attractive Evening Programs
Module 1 - Stainless Steel Production & Capacities
- STS ramp-up in Indonesia - Implications for mainland China
- Factors that could slow down ramp-up in Indonesia
- Capacity developments in China and other Asia - consolidation ahead?
- 4-in-1 production systems - impact for European mills?
- Can environmental regulation stop the success of 4-in-1 production systems?
- Cost pressures on STS manufacturing (electrodes, refractories, labour, gases, etc.)
- Are Chinese mills losing their cost competitiveness?
- Profitability of Asian STS producers
- The rise of protectionism and trade restrictions - impact for Chinese mills
- The impact of protectionism on offshoring of STS products (fittings, appliances etc.)
- Made in China 2025 - opportunities for stainless steel
Module 2 - Super Alloys and Special Stainless Steels
- Corrosion-resistant/nickel alloy market 2019 and beyond
- Applications for corrosion-resistant/nickel alloys and special stainless steel
- Will China become the next aerospace super-power?
- Chinese mills moving from commodities to high-end STS and corrosion-resistant/nickel alloys
- Market and applications for duplex, superferritics and superaustenitics
Module 3 - Chinese End users / Distributors
- The future for STS distribution in China
- How is digitalization changing the distribution of stainless steel and nickel alloys?
- How can we prevent companies like Alibaba or Amazon are taking over control of steel distribution?
- Recovery of project business?
- Global Outlook for Chemical Process Projects
- The future of power generation - how can we meet the rising electricity demand?
- Applications for STS in architecture, building & construction
- Prospects of STS usage in water pipes
- The boom in semiconductors - Implications for STS
Module 4 - Raw Materials: Ni, Cr, Mo, Scrap
- Ni deficit or surplus in 2019 and 2020 (supply/demand)?
- Will NPI completely replace Class I Ni?
- Is the LME / SHFE becoming obsolete? New pricing models for Ni
- CR Consolidation in South Africa vs. New developments in China?
- Cr price pressure from new developments in South Africa?
- Future scrap pricing - a chance to stay competitive against 4-1?
- Rising Mo prices due to lower output of by-product mines?
- Will oil & gas recover and drive Mo demand?
Module 5 - Automotive Industry, E-Mobility, Battery and Impact on Stainless Steel
- Scenarios for Ni in Batteries - which will be the winning technology?
- Artificial Intelligence in the Automotive Industry
- Autonomous driving - a chance to fight traffic congestions?
- Cars ‘Made in China’ for the World & Impact of e-mobility
- New mobility concepts, implications for special steel products
- Electric & hybrid cars and their impact on stainless steel
- Opportunities for stainless steel in fuel cells
Module 6 - Technology: Digitalization & AI
- How can digitalization help to enhance productivity in STS production?
- How can we manage and benefit from big data’ and how can we ensure data protection?
- What are the obstacles for the quick implementation of digital solutions?
- Impact of digitalization on workforce - from steel workers to IT specialist?
- How does daily business routine look like in a digital age?
- What are the requirements for a successful digital strategy?
- Productivity enhancement potentials in STS production
Module 7 - Stainless Steel & Nickel Alloy - Market Trends & Outlook, Futures
- Where do we stand in the business cycle?
- Which industries or regions are booming? Where are the hotspots?
- Has project business in oil & gas and CPI recovered?
- Trends in premium steel segments? Powder production on the rise?
- Is 3D printing a risk for forged products and castings?
- Global trends & Outlook
- Profitability 2019 vs. 2018
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pwftns/2day_asian?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190319005553/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Iron and Steel
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC CHINA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MANUFACTURING STEEL NATURAL RESOURCES MINING/MINERALS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/19/2019 09:40 AM/DISC: 03/19/2019 09:40 AM