AP NEWS

Fall 2018 Kidsignment Sale will have everything needed for infants to teens

September 15, 2018

Area parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles once again have the chance to get some great deals at the 2018 Fall Pass It On Kidsignment Sale.

This year’s sale will be held at First Baptist Church in downtown Aiken on Sept. 21 and 22.

This annual sale is a great way for residents to find quality merchandise for their children at discount prices, said Jenny Fulmer, co-chair of the Kidsignment Sale.

The way this program works is people consign an array of items for children, from infants to teens, Fulmer said. Shoppers will be able to purchase toys, clothes, books, shoes, movies, furniture, bedroom sets, prom dresses and many other items.

“You can find just about anything an infant or teen could need over the course of their lifetime at this sale,” Fulmer said. “It’s the biggest consignment sale in the CSRA.”

The way the consignment system works is people bring items to First Baptist Church in Aiken, and that item is then sold at the Kidsignment Sale. Once the item is sold, the person who brought the item in will get 60 percent of the profit, while the church gets the other 40 percent of the profit.

There are 225 registered consignors for the fall sale.

“This sale has been going on twice a year, spring and fall, for at least 25 years and we have perfected the process,” Fulmer said. “The feedback we get is this is the most organized sale they’ve ever been to.”

Fulmer said they expect to see upwards of 2,000 shoppers through the two-day sale, which will be from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, and 8 a.m. to noon and Saturday, Sept. 22.

The sale takes place in the gym at Aiken’s First Baptist Church, 120 Chesterfield St., and items range in price from $1 and up. On Saturday, Sept. 22, everything will be half price and there will be a bake sale.

All the proceeds from the bake sale will go toward care packages for children in the area and the Cumbee Center to Assist Abused Persons.

Any items left after the sale will be donated to various charities around the community.

Donations for the sale will be accepted until Wednesday, Sept. 19. Any donations can be brought up to First Baptist Church.

For information on the sale or how to donate items, visit passitonaiken2.com.

Want to go?

WHAT: 2018 Fall Pass It On Kidsignment Sale

WHEN: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 21 and 8 a.m. to noon Sept. 22

WHERE: The gym of Aiken’s First Baptist Church, 120 Chesterfield St.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit passitonaiken2.com.

AP RADIO
Update hourly