Related topics

Couple robbed at gunpoint, home set ablaze; daughter missing

January 29, 2016

MONTOURSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Police searched Friday for the adult daughter of a couple who were robbed at gunpoint and bound with duct tape before their home was set ablaze. The missing woman’s boyfriend and another man are in custody in the attack.

State police said 33-year-old Michelle Inch hasn’t been seen since Tuesday, a day before her parents were robbed by two masked men at their home about 90 miles north of Harrisburg. Her black Honda Accord was found Thursday near Canton, about 50 miles north of her parents’ home. Calls to her cellphone weren’t going through.

Brian Vroman and Michael Houseweart, both 27 and of Canton, were accused of breaking into the home early Wednesday. Both men were arraigned Thursday morning on a long list of charges, including robbery, arson and attempted homicide. They were jailed without bail. No attorney information was available for either in online court documents. No phone numbers were listed for them.

Police said Michelle Inch had a relationship with Houseweart. They had been living with her parents but had a falling out with them recently, police said.

According to the state police criminal complaint, Houseweart confessed to the crime during an interview.

A search of Vroman’s car turned up two ski masks like the ones used in the robbery, the complaint said. Surveillance video from a Montoursville-area Wal-Mart appeared to show the men arriving in Michelle Inch’s car and purchasing duct tape and gloves less than two hours before the attack.

Trooper Angela Bieber said Friday that police are concerned because it is unlike Michelle Inch to go so long without contacting friends or family. Bieber wouldn’t offer more details on the search.

Linda Inch, 66, managed to free herself from the duct tape as smoke filled the home Wednesday and ran to the neighbors for help, police said. Firefighters had to break down the front door to get 71-year-old Gary Inch out. He was found unresponsive on an upper floor, and both he and his wife were taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation.

Gary Inch remained hospitalized late Thursday.

A flat-screen TV, a poker set, cash and two cellphones were stolen, according to the arrest affidavit.

Update hourly