AP NEWS

Man sought in Mass. home invasion, kidnapping; drove to CT

February 5, 2019

Police in three states are looking for a Bedford, Mass., man who allegedly forced a man at knifepoint to drive him to New Haven early Monday after breaking into the victim’s home.

Julian Field, 24, of Bedford, should be considered armed and dangerous, Concord, Mass., police said. Authorities in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York are looking for Field after the male victim reported the incident at around 3:45 a.m. Monday.

Field was initially reported missing from his Bedford home Sunday and had been sought by Bedford police in connection with a disturbance in their town earlier in the day.

Field allegedly broke into a Concord man’s home hours later, held the victim at knifepoint and forced him to drive to locations in western Massachusetts and southern Connecticut, Concord police said. The kidnapping ended when Field got out of the victim’s car in New Haven at around midnight Monday, police said.

The victim reported the home invasion and kidnapping after he drove back to Massachusetts, Concord authorities said.

Field is now wanted on armed home invasion, burglary, assault on the elderly and kidnapping charges. Police believe he may still be in the New Haven or New York area. A knife was found in the victim’s car, but authorities are cautioning that Field should still be considered armed and dangerous.

Anyone who encounters him should call 911, police said. He should not be approached.

Bedford, Mass. is borders the historic towns of Lexington and Concord.

Anyone with additional information on Field or the incident is asked to call Concord police detectives at (978) 318-3400 or the Concord Police Department’s anonymous tip line at (978) 318-3407.

AP RADIO
Update hourly