Fire causes extensive damage at Kadoka motel
KADOKA, S.D. (AP) — Fire has extensively damaged a motel in Kadoka.
Officials say a three-alarm fire at the El Centro Motel on South Highway 248 Tuesday caused substantial damage to two wings of the building. KOTA-TV reports firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading into the largest wing of the complex.
Firefighters were hampered by strong wind gusts and several propane tanks on the property. No one was injured.
The South Dakota Fire Marshal’s Office, the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and Kadoka police are investigating.
Information from: KOTA-TV, http://www.kotatv.com