New Black & Veatch Leadership Roles to Help Serve Federal and Military Needs, Position Business for Growth
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 12, 2019--Black & Veatch, a global leader in critical infrastructure development, is working to expand service to federal and military clients by naming four new leadership positions to its federal business. Steve Scott, Mohan Singh, John Somerville and Rod Staponski have each been named Vice President, Federal Programs, and will play specific roles in helping Black & Veatch deliver quality service to new and existing clients.
These appointments come as the U.S. Government and U.S. Department of Defense are working to improve infrastructure while responding to global threats and increase power and water resilience at critical facilities, improving resource efficiency and sustainability. Black & Veatch’s federal team provides a range of government services, including critical infrastructure protection, threat reduction, resilience preparation and resource efficiency.
“Based throughout the U.S., these four experts bring tremendous experience in defense-related program management,” said Randy Castro, President of Black & Veatch’s Federal Business. “Delivering unique skill sets backed by extensive federal, military and private sector experience, their appointments broaden Black & Veatch’s knowledge base, deepen the level of client relationship, and provide a greater depth and understanding in key areas. This will allow us to continue to deliver on-time and on-budget service to our federal and military clients.”
- Scott, Vice President, Federal Programs and Navy Account lead, is responsible for strategic business development and Naval client relations worldwide. He has more than 40 years of relevant federal management experience in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry, and is based in Irvine, California.
- As Vice President, Federal Programs and Army Account lead, Singh leads and supports Black & Veatch’s growth in the security assistance, critical infrastructure, civil works, environmental and classified programs. Prior to joining Black & Veatch, he held similar positions with AECOM and Michael Baker. He is a veteran of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, where he served for 33 years, and is based in Washington, D.C.
- Somerville, Vice President, Federal Programs, will help build out Black & Veatch’s design-build capabilities, particularly in planning and architecture, and oversee indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) management programs. He previously led design-build management and ran the federal facilities business line for AECOM. He will be based in Irvine, California.
- As Vice President, Federal Programs and Construction Services lead, Staponski will develop and expand program management and construction management operations, construction and design-build services, and overall market approach. Retired from the U.S. Air Force, Staponski has more than 40 years’ experience in planning, design and construction, and managing and directing engineering, environmental and infrastructure projects. He will be based in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- Black & Veatch includes the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and U.S. Missile Defense Agency among its roster of federal clients.
- Black & Veatch partnered with Schneider Electric to design and build a best-in-class energy security microgrid at Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar in San Diego, California. Once fully operational, the microgrid will add energy redundancy, incorporate renewable energy, and allow operations to continue if the utility power grid is compromised or damaged.
- Black & Veatch’s federal business traces its roots to the construction of Camp Pike, an early military facility tied to the United States’ preparation for World War I.
- To download a headshot of Steve Scott, click here. To download a headshot of Mohan Singh, click here. To download a headshot of John Somerville, click here. To download a headshot of Rod Staponski, click here.
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2017 were US$3.4 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190312005087/en/
CONTACT: Black & Veatch
MELINA VISSAT | +1 303-256-4065 P | +1 617-595-8009 M |VissatM@BV.com
24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-9149
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA KANSAS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY UTILITIES OTHER ENERGY TECHNOLOGY SECURITY PUBLIC POLICY/GOVERNMENT MANUFACTURING WHITE HOUSE/FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING ARCHITECTURE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTING OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES DEFENSE OTHER DEFENSE CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY OTHER CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY
SOURCE: Black & Veatch
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/12/2019 09:00 AM/DISC: 03/12/2019 09:01 AM