AP NEWS
Related topics

8 overcome by carbon monoxide after barbeque used for heat

November 23, 2018

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas authorities say eight people were overcome by carbon monoxide and taken to a hospital Friday after a barbeque was used inside an apartment for heat.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said in a Twitter post that the victims include adults and children and that they were already outside the apartment and lying on the ground when firefighters arrived around 3:15 a.m.

The post did not provide additional circumstances about the incident but department spokesman Tim Szymanski said the victims were not dead at the scene before being transported to University Medical Center.

Syzmanski said he did not have access to further information about the victims’ conditions and a hospital spokeswoman did not immediately respond to inquiries.

AP RADIO
Update hourly