Steam Generators for Nuclear Power: Global Market Size, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 20, 2019--
The “Steam Generators for Nuclear Power, Update 2019 - Global Market Size, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global market for nuclear power steam generators is projected to grow marginally to reach $1.02bn in 2026, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.5% between 2019 and 2026.
This report analyses the market for steam generators in the historical (2011-2018) and forecast (2019-2026) periods. The report covers steam generators used in new installations as well as replacements. The report includes cumulative nuclear installed capacity and annual nuclear power generated at global, regional and country level.
It outlines the market drivers and restraints and provides an outlook on key policies and regulatory bodies governing nuclear power in key markets. Steam generator market trends with respect to volume (units), capacity (GW) and value ($m) between 2011 and 2026 are assessed. Moreover, the report presents the competitive landscape, key companies operating in the market and major upcoming nuclear projects.
The market for new installations is expected to hold steady, whereas replacements will witness significant growth. With countries shifting towards low carbon power generation and resource diversification, nuclear will remain vital to the power sector development for many countries across the world. However, the push towards nuclear power adoption is not uniform worldwide, with anti-nuclear sentiments defining the pathway for nuclear power development in certain key markets.
APAC is expected to dominate the market with $4.8bn by 2026. The inclusion of nuclear power in China and India will drive the new installations market, whereas Japan and Republic of Korea will see their markets slowdown. Other countries within APAC such as Vietnam, Bangladesh, and Uzbekistan have strong projections for nuclear, driving the regional market for steam generators. Although second to APAC, Europe is likely to be the fastest growing market, with the market value expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.4%, supported by Russia and the UK.
Several factors such as increasing demand for electricity, especially in developing regions, low cost of power generation, high efficiency, and carbon emission concerns are prompting the utilization of nuclear power. Unlike renewable energy, nuclear provides low carbon electricity with a significantly high degree of reliability and is already supplying to power demand on a large scale.
The Fukushima disaster in 2011 was the watershed moment for the nuclear power industry, following which anti-nuclear views grew and governments opted for measures that restricted nuclear power growth. Countries across the world such as Japan, Germany, France, and Republic of Korea proposed reducing the role of nuclear power.
Operational safety took precedence contributing to a growth in the replacement markets of Americas and Europe. Moreover, the need to generate electricity from nuclear as securely and safely as possible will continue to drive the replacement market and support the development of nuclear power plants with the highest level of safety.
Currently, the industry faces concerns regarding project funding, processing of nuclear waste, safety issues, aging of nuclear facilities, and lack of skilled workforce and social acceptability. However with the industry striving for the highest standards and commitment to safety, upcoming nuclear power plants could sway opinions in an overwhelming favour for increased nuclear power adoption globally.
- Market analysis over the historical (2011-2018) and forecast (2019-2026) periods, with respect to value ($m) and volume (units and GW) in global, regional (Asia-Pacific, Americas and Europe), key countries (the US, Canada, China, India, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russia, France, Ukraine and the UK) and in emerging economies such as Iran, Pakistan and UAE.
- Cumulative nuclear installed capacity and annual nuclear power generated at country, regional, and global level, between 2011 and 2026.
- Competitive landscape at global and country level with a brief on major players and upcoming nuclear projects in the respective country.
- Market drivers and restraints along with their impacts and overview of key policies and regulatory bodies governing the nuclear power sector.
Reasons to Buy
- Facilitate decision-making by analyzing historical and forecast data on steam generators utilized in the nuclear power market.
- Develop strategies based on developments in the nuclear power sector.
- Identify key partners and business-development avenues, based on the activities of major competitors in the market.
- Respond to your competitors’ business structure, strategies and prospects.
- Areva NP
- Westinghouse Electric Company LLC
- BWX Technologies
- State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd.
- Dongfang Electric Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Combustion Engineering Inc.
- Equipos Nucleares S.A.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
- China First Heavy Industries (Group) Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Electric Heavy Industries Group Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xo1iv6
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005652/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Nuclear Power,Generators
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY NUCLEAR
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/20/2019 12:54 PM/DISC: 05/20/2019 12:54 PM