Two Dead in Lowell Home
LOWELL -- Two people were found dead in a Shawmut Avenue home Sunday morning after emergency crews got reports of potential carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said.
First responders were called to the Shawmut Avenue home around 8 a.m. Sunday for a report of a possible carbon monoxide poisoning. The victims, a man and woman both in their 70s, were located in the basement near a running gas-powered generator, according to the Middlesex District Attorney’s office.
The DA’s office identified the victims as residents of the home. Further details, including the victims’ names, were not released.
Authorities continue to investigate. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will determine a cause of death.
Follow Chris on Twitter @ChrisLisinski.