Authorities Say Cyanide That Killed Woman Came From Pill Bottle
AUBURN, Wash. (AP) _ A 40-year-old woman whose collapsed body was found in her home last week died of cyanide poisoning after taking an Extra-Strength Excedrin capsule, Auburn police said.
Officer James Monnett said late Monday that all Extra-Strength Excedrin capsules are being pulled from stores in the Auburn area, including the store where it is believed the woman, Sue Snow, bought the capsules June 8 or 9.
The name of that store was not immediately known.
Police also were advising people in the Auburn area not to take Extra- Strength Excedrin capsules that have the lot number 5 H 1 02.Aug.88 on packaging.
Officer James Monnett said a bottle of 60-capsule Extra-Strength with that lot number was found in the home of Mrs. Snow, who was found collapsed in her home on Wednesday.
Police were also advising people who have capsules with that lot number to turn them in to Auburn police or federal investigators.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration was testing the capsules for their precise content, Monnett said.
The King County medical examiner’s office confirmed late Monday that Ms. Snow died of acute cyanide poisoning. Her death was being investigated by Auburn police and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Monnett said.
Police said Ms. Snow was a bank manager at the north Auburn branch of Puget Sound National Bank.