Hudson Group Awarded Four RFP Packages and Eight-Year Contract at Salt Lake City International Airport
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 20, 2018--Hudson Group (NYSE: HUD), a leader in North American travel retail, today announced it has been awarded four retail packages at Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). The eight -year contract, which is part of the airport’s redevelopment program, includes 13 stores and expands Hudson Group’s presence at SLC by nearly 6,000 square feet, almost doubling Hudson Group’s current footprint in the airport.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181220005524/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
Hudson Group created the recommended bids with a wide selection of well-known travel convenience, luxury retail and duty free brands including Hudson, Tech on the Go, Coach, Frye, Something Silver, M∙A∙C, Tumi, and Dufry Duty Free as well as tailored local concepts, including Land Speed Depot by Hudson, Central Pointe Market, Salt Lake Tribune, and Utah!.
“Our team went through an extensive selection process to get the right combination of local, regional and national brands for those traveling through SLC,” said Bill Wyatt, executive director, Salt Lake City Department of Airports. “We are thrilled with the outcome and I think our passengers will be excited with the combination of dynamic shops opening in 2020.”
“Salt Lake City International Airport is a major North American travel hub, and with the United States Olympic Committee’s nomination of Salt Lake City for the 2030 Olympics, our formal recommendation couldn’t come at a greater time,” said Joseph DiDomizio, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hudson Group. “We are pleased to partner with Salt Lake City Department of Airports to increase our current footprint, and we’re proud to offer our Utah customers with a customized portfolio of popular local brands, complemented by highly-recognized national and international concepts.”
Hudson Group’s new local store concepts for Salt Lake City include:
- Hudson: Hudson is the nation’s largest travel essentials and convenience brand designed with customer ease at its core. Divided into four major categories and color-coded for ease of navigation, Hudson delivers the lifestyle shopping experience preferred by today’s traveler. Inspired by the iconic Hudson News brand, store offerings range from books, magazines, snacks and beverages, to travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs and electronics.
- Land Speed Depot by Hudson: A travel essentials and convenience store which caters to the ever changing needs of today’s travelers, the store provides everything the traveler needs based on four clearly defined primary categories – Media, Essentials, Marketplace & Destination.
- Central Pointe Market: The transportation-inspired travel convenience concept is designed and merchandised to delight shoppers by offering both the essentials they need as well as the treats they want. The Central Pointe Market reflects the interesting evolution of Salt Lake’s transportation from mule-powered streetcars, which began in 1872, to the electric trolley cars that eventually replaced the mules in 1881.
- Salt Lake Tribune: A travel convenience concept designed to pay homage to the lake that is the City’s namesake. The store features four clearly defined primary categories – Media, Essentials, Marketplace, and Destination.
Specialty Retail & Duty Free:
- Coach: The leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Passengers can experience a brand with a free-spirited, All-American attitude, reimagining luxury with modern vision.
- Dufry Duty Free: Domestic passengers will now have the chance to shop for an excellent assortment of cosmetics and fragrances, fashion accessories, and confections. International passengers will appreciate the selection of tobacco products, wines and spirits.
- Frye: A leather goods company with 153 years of history. One of America’s oldest footwear companies, Frye offers a full line of boots, sneakers, sandals, bags and leather accessories for men, women and kids.
- M∙A∙C: A beauty brand that has become the world’s leading professional makeup authority. With strong pigmentations and products suited for everyday wear, M∙A∙C offers an individualized merchandise mix and category breadth that appeals to all ages, complexions, and skin types.
- Something Silver: A women-owned and operated ACDBE, small business – crafting quality artisan jewelry for the past 24 years. Featuring up-to-the-minute fashionable accessories alongside a collection of timeless, everyday classics, all at an exceptional value.
- Tech on the Go: Featuring leading brand names, Belkin, House of Marley, Wicked, Monster, Mophie, and so many more, Tech on the Go is a visual and auditory experiential journey that will satisfy both the technophile and the tech-novice.
- Tumi: The world’s leading international business, accessory, and travel lifestyle brand. From overnight escapes to epic journeys, Tumi has just the bag or travel accessory to fit the leisure or business traveler.
- Utah!: A specialty discovery store all about Utah, our award-winning concept highlights some of the best and favorited goods produced by the state. The store design and finishes take cues from Utah’s majestic and rugged landscape, creating a connection to the state’s unforgettable local people, places and experiences.
About Hudson Group
Hudson Group (NYSE: HUD), a Dufry Company and one of the largest travel retailers in North America, is committed to enhancing the travel experience for over 300,000 travelers every day in the continental United States and Canada. The Company is anchored by its iconic Hudson, Hudson News and Hudson Bookseller brands and operates over 1,000 duty-paid and duty-free stores in 87 locations, including airports, commuter terminals, hotels and some of the most visited landmarks and tourist destinations in the world. Our wide range of store concepts include travel essentials and convenience stores, bookstores, duty-free shops, branded specialty stores, electronics stores, and quick-service food and beverage outlets. For more information, visit www.hudsongroup.com and www.dufry.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181220005524/en/
CONTACT: Kristen Clonan
VP of Corporate Communications
Senior PR & Corporate Communications Coordinator
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW JERSEY UTAH
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TRANSPORT AIR TRAVEL VACATION
SOURCE: Hudson Ltd.
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 12/20/2018 10:39 AM/DISC: 12/20/2018 10:39 AM