AP NEWS

RIDC Park lab evacuated after increased levels of carbon monoxide

October 2, 2018

Employees at Cook MyoSite in O’Hara were evacuated on Sept. 4 after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.

O’Hara biotechnology firm Cook MyoSite was evacuated Tuesday morning for high levels of carbon monoxide, WPXI reported.

Peoples Gas crews were called to the lab at 100 Delta Drive in RIDC Park at about 9:30 a.m.

More than 50 employees were evacuated to a building across the street after an alarm indicated abnormal environmental levels.

Cook MyoSite representatives were not immediately able to be reached.

The company first moved to O’Hara in 2007. It specializes in human-cell regeneration and provides research into medications for muscle-related disorders.

AP RADIO
Update hourly