Five things you need to know today, Aug. 28
Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, Aug. 28. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Ector County Commissioners heard a few more residents’ concerns Monday at the final public hearing on the proposed tax rate increase.
2. Odessa City Council is expected to award a bid today on the recommendation of the Odessa Development Corporation for a study to help solve the housing crisis in the city.
3. A 17-year-old male was arrested and charged Sunday night after he reportedly had sex with a 16-year-old girl against her will.
4. Students at Buice Elementary School will be learning coding this fall, thanks to fundraising efforts by Library Media Specialist Brandy Dugger through DonorsChoose.org.
5. Odessa police are searching for a suspect accused of stabbing two men during the weekend in a Stripes parking lot after one of the victims tried to recover his stolen cell phone.