Outdoors notices: Monday, Oct. 29, 2018
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is holding an outing at 9 a.m. Wednesday at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Join a naturalist for a free walk on the reserve’s trails. Register online at aswp.org/events/8220
• Cook Forest State Park is holding a Cathedral by Candlelight event at 7 p.m. Wednesday. In honor of Halloween, join park staff in this walk into the Forest Cathedral by candlelight and experience the haunting history that inhabits the giant forest. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-744-8407.
• Venture Outdoors is organizing a Book Swap Hike from 1-3:30 p.m. on Nov. 10 at Frick Park. Join in for a 2-3 mile hike while talking about your favorite books. Hot beverages will be offered afterward. Bring a book to swap with another participant. Cost is $12 for members and $16 for nonmembers. Email email@example.com or call 412-255-0564.
• Three Rivers Birding Club is holding an outing at 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 11 at Moraine State Park. Join the club in search of water fowl and late fall migrants. Email group leader Michael David at Michaeltdavid@gmail.com for more information.
• Point State Park is holding its Santa Spectacular from 5-9 p.m. on Nov. 16. Participants are welcome to come to Point State Park when booths open up at 5 p.m. with activities and displays for all ages. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-565-2850.
• Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is offering a Birding 101 event from 10 a.m.-noon on Nov. 17 at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Come learn the basics of birdwatching and learn why it’s such a captivating hobby. Register online at aswp.org/events/8331
• Jennings Environmental Education Center is hosting a Turkey Talk event from 2-3 p.m. on Nov. 18. Join Jennings’ staff for a one-hour indoor talk that will explore the secret life of the wild turkey. Email email@example.com or call 724-794-6011.
• Bald Eagle State Park is offering a Holiday Healthy Hike from 2-3 p.m. on Nov. 21. Join the park naturalist and hit the trails for a hike to kick off the holiday season. Be prepared for a 1.5-mile hike, and bring proper clothing and footwear for the elements. Meet at the Nature Inn parking lot. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-625-2775.