AP NEWS

No injuries in Hempfield townhouse fire

July 21, 2018

No injuries were reported as firefighters extinguished a blaze that started late Thursday at a townhouse development on Elmur Drive in Hempfield.

The 11:54 p.m. fire started in a dryer and was under control in about a half hour, according to a Westmoreland County 911 supervisor. Crews from the West Point Volunteer Fire Department, located in close proximity, were at the scene in minutes.

Firefighters from Hempfield No. 2, Dry Ridge, Southwest Greensburg and several Greensburg companies assisted, as crews vented smoke from the structure early Friday.

AP RADIO
Update hourly