Glycerin - 2019 Market Analysis, Trends and Forecasts to 2022: Falling Prices of Petroleum Derived Feedstock to Challenge Glycerin Demand - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 6, 2019--The “Glycerin - Market Analysis, Trends, and Forecasts” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2015 through 2022. Also, a six-year historic analysis is provided for these markets.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets in Thousand pounds by the following End-Use Applications:Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care Food & Beverages Tobacco Polyether Polyols Alkyd Resins Other Applications
The report profiles 59 companies including many key and niche players such as:Archer Daniels Midland Company (USA) BASF SE (Germany) Cargill Inc. (USA) CREMER OLEO GmbH & Co. KG (Germany) Croda International Plc (UK) Ecogreen Oleochemicals (Singapore) Godrej Industries Ltd. (India) IOI Group (Malaysia) Kao Corporation (Japan) KLK OLEO (Malaysia) Pacific Oleochemicals Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) PMC Biogenix, Inc. (USA) Procter & Gamble Chemicals (USA) PT. Cisadane Raya Chemicals (Indonesia) PT. Sumi Asih Oleochemical Industry (Indonesia) Sakamoto Yakuhin Kogyo Co. Ltd. (Japan) Thai Glycerine Co. Ltd. (Thailand) The Dow Chemical Company (USA) Twin Rivers Technologies Inc. (USA) Vance Bioenergy Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEWGlycerin: A Non-Toxic Polyol Compound with Widespread Applications Vegetable Glycerin Market Poised to Witness Healthy Growth Supply Glut of Crude Glycerin to Continue with Biodiesel Production Slated to Cross 14 Billion Gallons by 2020 Emerging New Uses of Crude Glycerin Bring the Promise of Easing Supply Surpluses of Refined Glycerin in the Medium to Long-Term Period Government Initiatives to Drive Glycerol Consumption Falling Prices of Petroleum Derived Feedstock to Challenge Glycerin Demand Growing Global Spending on Medicines Drives Glycerin Use in the Pharmaceutical End-Use Sector Rising Volume of Processed Food Production & Replacement of Polyols to Sustain Glycerin Use in Food Processing Growing Trend of Using Healthful Ingredients to Boost Athletic Endurance to Spur Demand for Glycerin in Sport and Fitness Nutrition Products Strong Demand for Cosmetics Supported by Consumer Focus on Appearance Maintenance Drives Demand for Glycerin Glycerin Emerges as a High Profile Macro-Ingredient in Animal Feed Rations Glycerin as a Renewable Feedstock for Chemicals to Benefit from the Migration Towards Sustainable Production Practices Technical Versatility of Glycerin Expands Application Opportunities in the Industrial Sector Growing Focus on Hydrogen as a Clean Fuel to Spur Use of Glycerin in Hydrogen Gas Production
2. PRODUCT OVERVIEWGlycerin An Introduction Product Profile Typical Properties of Glycerin Designations for Glycerin Grades Soap Lye Crude and Saponification Crude Glycerin USP Glycerin CP Glycerin High Gravity Glycerin Dynamite Glycerin Food-grade Glycerin Oleo Chemicals: Eco-friendly, Versatile and Highly Functional Occurrence of Glycerin Uses of Glycerin Classification Based on Raw Materials Harmful Effects Production Processes Microbial Fermentation From Animal and Vegetable Fats The Soap Making Process Biosynthesis of Glycerol from Glucose As a Co-Product of Various Products Production of Glycerol through Carbon-13 Dioxide Conversion of Glycerophosphocholine to Glycerol The Sulfite Process Fermentation by Osmiophilic Yeast Purification of Glycerin Substitutes of Glycerin Pentaerythritol Maltol Sorbitol Propylene Glycol Xylitol Diethylene Glycol (DEG) Hydrovance Moisturizing Agent Glycerin Vs Substitutes Researching New Applications for Crude Glycerin Crude Glycerin for the Production of Omega-3 Fatty Acids Crude Glycerin as Fuel Crude Glycerin in Plastics Crude Glycerin as Raw Material for Biogas Generation Glycerin Pellets A Potential Fuel Source Some Other Innovative Applications of Crude Glycerin An Overview of the Key Regulations for Glycerin Use Canadian General Standards Board Permitted Substances List CODEX Alimentarius Commission Guidelines European Economic Community Council Regulation International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements Japan Agricultural Standard for Organic Production Organic Foods Production Act
3. ANALYSIS OF END-USE APPLICATIONSPharmaceuticals & Personal Care Products Glycerin Consumption in the Pharma and Personal Care Sector Uses of Glycerin in Pharmaceuticals Glycerol For Preventing Dehydration Glycerin as a Suppository Personal Care Products Glycerin A Popular Humectant and Emollient Cosmetics and Toiletries Industry Global Skin Care Sector Developed Markets Dominate Consumption Moisturizers Lead the Skin Care Products Market Hair Care Products Glycerin in Hair Care Oral Care Products Glycerin Mainly Used in Toothpastes Food & Beverages Applications Food Industry: Market Trends Sports Beverages Use Glycerol to Prevent Dehydration Tobacco Use of Glycerin in Tobacco Products Glycerin Humectants to Elevate Health Risks Associated with Tobacco Polyether Polyols Consumption of Glycerin in Polyether Polyols Production Polyols Applications of Polyols Alkyd Resins Glycerin Usage in Alkyd Resins: Market Analysis Lower VOC Emitting Compounds Preferred Over Alkyd Resins Other Applications Explosives Lubricants Epoxy Resins Paper Biological Research Drying Foliage with Glycerin Fabric Softeners Cellophane Glycerol A Cost-effective and Sustainable Alternative to Propel Ship Engines Glycerol-based Isobutanol
4. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITYMusim Mas Europe to Take Over Dutch Glycerin Refinery ChemPoint Inks Distribution Agreement with Corbion Louis Dreyfus to Inaugurate New Glycerin Refinery KLK to Acquire Oleochemicals Business of Emery Oleochemicals BenchMark Energy Inks Manufacturing Agreement for Antifreeze Production Owner Resource Group Takes Over CHEM Group Holdings Lignol Energy Completes Acquisition of Territory Biofuels Marathon Petroleum Acquires Biodiesel Facility from Felda Iffco
5. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
6. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 59 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 63)The United States (22) Japan (7) Europe (14) Germany (4)The United Kingdom (1)Italy (4)Spain (3)Rest of Europe (2) Asia-Pacific (Excluding Japan) (19) Latin America (1)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pbfgpm/glycerin_2019?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190206005393/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MANUFACTURING CHEMICALS/PLASTICS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/06/2019 08:30 AM/DISC: 02/06/2019 08:30 AM