AP NEWS

New Haven worker on leave amid federal probe

June 28, 2019

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — New Haven’s director of youth services and Mayor Toni Harp’s former campaign chairman has been put on paid administrative leave amid a federal investigation that targeted the city with multiple subpoenas seeking information about grants and a stalled teen center.

City spokesman Laurence Grotheer confirmed to the New Haven Register that Jason Bartlett was placed on leave, but declined further comment.

Bartlett earlier this week resigned as chairman of Harp’s campaign committee.

Bartlett said he didn’t want to be a distraction as the city answers a federal subpoena seeking information on the youth center that his city department supports, as well as aspects of a $1 million anti-violence Justice Department grant. Bartlett has said he isn’t named in the subpoena.

The subpoena was first reported by the New Haven Independent.

___

Information from: New Haven Register, http://www.nhregister.com

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.