AP NEWS

Animals safe from Friday shed fire near Scottville

January 8, 2019

SCOTTVILLE — Fire departments from Scottville and Riverton Township extinguished a shed fire Friday night on Wilson Road west of Darr Road in Scottville.

Responders answered the call from central dispatch around 6:15 p.m., when a structure fire was reported in a shed serving as a pen for a goat and several pot-bellied pigs, according to Scottville Fire Chief Dale Larr.

Dispatchers said the animals were trapped inside the shed with the flames, and but Larr said the animals managed to find their way out of the burning structure and to safety.

“None of them were burned,” Larr said. “They were all able to get out of the building.”

Read the full story in Monday’s Ludington Daily News print or e-Edition.

AP RADIO
Update hourly