Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller ‘Wake’
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bruce Willis is not saying “Yippie-ki-yay” about the cancellation of his latest film.
A spokesman for Willis told The Associated Press Friday that production of “Wake” was suddenly halted this week when financing fell through, and the actor is concerned that crew members who joined him “in good faith” are left jobless.
Publicist Paul Bloch said the company responsible for financing the film didn’t deliver the promised funds, so production of the action-thriller was indefinitely suspended. Shooting began earlier this month in Cleveland.
Benaroya Pictures did not return calls and emails seeking comment Friday.
“Wake” was also to star Ben Kingsley and Ellen Burstyn.