Related topics

Apartment building evacuated due to carbon monoxide leak

January 1, 2018

GARDNER, Mass. (AP) — An apartment building in Gardner has been evacuated because of a carbon monoxide leak.

The Boston Globe reports that Gardner Police say a boiler malfunction caused carbon monoxide to spread through the three-story residence on Monday.

The building has more than 30 units.

Police say they’re ventilating the building to ensure all of the carbon monoxide is gone.

Some residents were treated on the scene. No one was hospitalized.

Police say that boilers often have more issues in cold weather because they are working that much harder.

The National Weather Service issued wind chill advisories covering a vast area from South Texas to Canada and from Montana and Wyoming through New England to the northern tip of Maine.

Update hourly