2-Day Workshop: Financial Statement Analysis (London, United Kingdom - July 3-4, 2019) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 14, 2019--The “Financial Statement Analysis” training has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This 2-day foundational level workshop refreshes delegates’ understanding of accounting and the use of financial statements.
By working through the published report and accounts of a well known UK company, delegates will understand how the basic theory and principles of financial accounting are applied in practice; thus enhancing their ability to analyse and interpret published financial statements.
Importantly the workshop will encourage delegates to make a definitive link between the business activities of a company and how they are reflected in the company’s reported financial information. In that context the workshop will introduce the concept and practice of adjusting financial statements to better reflect the underlying economics of transactions and events in order to enhance their comparability and value for credit analysis.
Delegates will additionally be introduced to a structured approach to financial risk analysis, as one of the three integral components of a comprehensive credit risk or investment risk assessment; namely business risk, financial risk and structural risk.
What Will You Learn
By the end of this course you will:
- Have an enhanced understanding of the principles and practice of accounting; and the composition and presentation of financial statements
- Understand the main components of the income statement and balance sheet to support the assessment of the sustainability and composition of revenues, profits and solvency of a company
- Gain an understanding of the main components of the cash flow statement, how these statements are constructed and the key sources and uses of funds
- Have an awareness of the role of and limitations of financial ratio analysis
- Be able explain when it may be necessary to make adjustments to the reported figures to better assess economic reality
- Have an awareness of the potential dangers of creative accounting and some common presentation tricks that may be used
Main Topics Covered
- Key Principles of Accounting
- The Structure of Financial Statements: Income Statements
- The Structure of Financial Statements: Balance Sheet
- The Structure of Financial Statements: Cash Flow Statements
- Assessing Liquidity and Solvency
- Key Ratio Analysis
- Off-balance Sheet Items and Accounting Adjustments
- Creative Accounting
For more information about this training visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q5ch3w/2day_workshop?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190214005649/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ACCOUNTING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/14/2019 11:24 AM/DISC: 02/14/2019 11:24 AM