AP NEWS

Fire claims Belle Fourche home Monday

November 14, 2018

BELLE FOURCHE –– A Monday morning fire devastated a Belle Fourche home.

Belle Fourche Volunteer Fire Department Chief Ryan Reeves told the Pioneer that the department was paged to 314 Summit St., around approximately 9 a.m. Upon arrival, he said, crews found the structure fully engulfed. After law enforcement notified Reeves that all occupants were out of structure and accounted for, crews began an exterior attack on the structure and continued until the fire was out.

Reeves said that firefighters spent approximately two hours on the scene initially and a crew was later called out to follow up on a possible reignition, which turned out to be smoldering debris.

Reeves said that the home’s occupants reported that the fire originated from the couch which was ignited by a nearby baseboard heating unit.

A Belle Fourche family, consisting of seven members, including four children ranging in age from 7 years to 3 months, is now homeless.

Reeves said nothing suspicious was noted on scene and there were no injuries to any fire personnel or civilians. The home and contents were a total loss.

To read all of today’s stories, Click here or call 642-2761 to subscribe to our e-edition or home delivery.

AP RADIO
Update hourly