AP NEWS
Related topics

Worcester teen dies from gunshot, no arrests made

May 14, 2015

WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — Police say an 18-year-old Worcester teen is the city’s third homicide victim of 2015.

Samuel Castro was found unresponsive on Frederick Street Tuesday night, with a single gunshot wound. Police said Wednesday he died later at a hospital.

No one has been arrested in the shooting, which Police Chief Gary Gemme called “senseless” and part of a trend in gun violence in the city going back to last year.

The Telegram & Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/1cUyK0T) a neighbor across the street from the shooting said he heard at least two gunshots before police arrived Tuesday night. Castro’s friends ran down the street and were met by police. Police said they recovered ballistic evidence and a hat and a small bag left on the sidewalk.

No arrests had been made Wednesday night.

___

Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com

AP RADIO
Update hourly