Fort Wayne man gets 56 years in bar shooting
A Fort Wayne man was ordered today to spend 56 years in prison for shooting two men outside a bar last year.
Aarron Suggs, 30, fired at least 20 shots Aug. 24 at The Rock Tavern, investigators said, striking Christopher M. Pogue and Jacob Jeffrey. Suggs pleaded guilty last month to charges of attempted murder and aggravated battery.
He was sentenced this morning in Allen Superior Court. Other charges were dropped as part of a plea agreement.
An attorney for Suggs told a judge racially charged statements from the victims preceded the shootings.