Augusta woman charged following break-in, altercation at North Augusta home

February 16, 2019

An Augusta woman was charged Wednesday in connection with a burglary that occurred Tuesday on Todd Avenue in North Augusta.

Lynette Mickle Stinson, 38, is charged with first-degree burglary and second-degree domestic violence, according to jail records.

Aiken County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the 900 block of Todd Avenue in North Augusta around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday in reference to a break-in, according to the report.

Upon arrival, deputies met with the two victims, a 58-year-old North Augusta man and a 36-year-old Grovetown woman. They said they heard someone banging on the back door during the night and the male victim got out of bed to see what it may be, the report states.

The male victim opened to door to find Stinson.

The victim told investigators he asked Stinson to leave the property and went back to bed, assuming Stinson had followed his orders and left.

A short time later, the victims said they heard someone walking around inside the house, police reported.

They then found Stinson, who started yelling, screaming and throwing items around their bedroom, the report states.

The male victim said he grabbed a glass off his nightstand and threw it against the wall and breaking it in an attempt to get Stinson to stop.

Stinson then grabbed the male victim’s cellphone and threw it onto the floor, causing damage. The male victim then physically tried to escort Stinson out of the house and she fought back, injuring his elbow and cutting his finger, police reported.

Stinson did finally leave the residence after collecting her phone and glasses she had dropped during the altercation.

Investigators called Stinson, and she admitted to being at the home, which she had entered through the garage, police said.

She explained she wanted to confront the male victim about having another female in his bed and also admitted to breaking items during the incident.

Stinson was arrested Wednesday and taken to the Aiken County detention center, where she was still being held Friday afternoon.