AP NEWS

US soldier dies from wounds in Afghanistan blast last week

December 3, 2018

This undated photo provided by the Fort Carson Public Affairs Office shows Sgt. Jason McClary, of Export, Pa. McClary died Sunday, Dec. 2, 2018, at the military hospital in Landstuhl, Germany. The Pentagon says that McClary is the fourth soldier to die from wounds suffered last week in a roadside bomb blast in eastern Afghanistan. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack. (Fort Carson Public Affairs Office via AP)

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon says that a fourth soldier has died from wounds suffered last week in a roadside bomb blast in eastern Afghanistan.

Sgt. Jason Mitchell McClary died Sunday at the military hospital in Landstuhl, Germany. He was 24 years old and from Export, Pennsylvania.

Three other service members were killed in the explosion last Tuesday near Ghazni, and two others were wounded.

It was the deadliest attack against U.S. forces in Afghanistan this year. The Taliban claimed responsibility.

McClary was assigned to 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, based at Fort Carson, Colorado.

AP RADIO
Update hourly