GCC Generic Injectables Market (2019-2024): Projected to Grow at a CAGR of 12% - Analysis by Therapeutic Area, Container Type, Distribution Channel and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 28, 2019--The “GCC Generic Injectables Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The GCC generic injectables market was worth US$ 438 Million in 2018. The market is further projected to reach a value of US$ 865 Million by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 12% over the forecast period.
An increase in the emigrant population along with a rise in both acute and chronic diseases has challenged the capability of the existing healthcare resources in the region. The consequent surge in the overall healthcare costs has boosted the demand for generic injectables.
Upcoming patent expiry of a number of blockbuster drugs prescribed in key therapeutic areas is expected to help in expanding the product portfolio of generic injectable manufacturers.
The total number of manufacturers in the generic injectables market is limited as compared to oral generics. This results in lower price erosion and significantly higher margins.
Some of the other factors driving the generic injectables market in the region include a rising ageing population, development of the private healthcare market, improving standards of living, better awareness of health issues, etc.
Region-wise, Saudi Arabia represents the leading market, holding the largest market share. Other major regions include the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain.
Therapeutic Area Insights
Based on the therapeutic area, oncology holds the largest market share. A rise in the number of cancer diagnoses coupled with improved access to treatment is currently driving the growth of this segment. Other major segments include anaesthesia, anti-infectives, cardiovascular, parenteral nutrition and others.
Distribution Channel Insights
The market has also been divided on the basis of distribution channel as hospitals, clinics and retail pharmacy stores. Generic injectables are majorly distributed through hospitals.
On the basis of container type, the market has been segmented into vials, prefilled syringes, ampoules, premix and others. Currently, vials represent the major container type, accounting for the majority of the total market share.
The competitive landscape of the GCC generic injectables market along with the profiles of key players has also been analysed in the report.
Key Questions Answered
- How has the GCC generic injectables market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the GCC generic injectables industry?
- What are the key therapeutic areas in the GCC generic injectables industry?
- What are the major distribution channels in the GCC generic injectables industry?
- What are the major container types in the GCC generic injectables industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC generic injectables industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC generic injectables industry?
- What is the structure of the GCC generic injectables industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC generic injectables industry?
- What are the profit margins in the GCC generic injectables industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- How are generic injectables manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for generic injectables?
- What are the transportation requirements for generic injectables?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a generic injectables manufacturing plant?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 GCC Generic Injectables Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Region
5.4 Market Breakup by Therapeutic Area
5.5 Market Breakup by Container Type
5.6 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
5.7 Market Forecast
5.8 SWOT Analysis
5.9 Value Chain Analysis
5.10 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.11 Price Analysis
5.12 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Market Performance by Key Regions
6.1 Saudi Arabia
7 Market Performance by Container Type
7.2 Prefilled Syringes
8 Market Performance by Therapeutic Area
8.5 Parenteral Nutrition
9 Market Performance by Distribution Channel
9.3 Retail Pharmacy Stores
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Competitive Structure
10.2 Key Players
11 Generic Injectable Manufacturing Process
11.1 Product Overview
11.2 Detailed Process Flow
11.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
11.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
12.1 Land, Location and Site Development
12.2 Construction Requirements
12.3 Machinery Requirements
12.4 Machinery Pictures
12.5 Raw Material Requirements
12.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
12.7 Packaging Requirements
12.8 Transportation Requirements
12.9 Utility Requirements
12.10 Manpower Requirements
12.11 Other Capital Investments
13 Key Player Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nzggbz/gcc_generic?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190228005647/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Infusions and Injectables
KEYWORD: MIDDLE EAST
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/28/2019 10:38 AM/DISC: 02/28/2019 10:38 AM