The Connected Consumer Survey 2018: OTT Services in Sub-Saharan Africa - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 4, 2019--The “The Connected Consumer Survey 2018: OTT services in Sub-Saharan Africa” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report focuses on aspects of Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in Sub-Saharan Africa. In particular, it focuses on respondents’ usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and paid-for online video services.
- identifies which communications apps are used most in Sub-Saharan Africa
- highlights the pockets of growth left in the OTT communication market
- identifies which app features are used most on communication apps
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance their use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- identifies which paid-for online video services are most popular in Sub-Saharan Africa
Key Questions Answered
- Which OTT communications and paid-for online video apps are used most in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- Where is there potential for growth in the OTT communication and paid for online video space?
- Which features are most frequently used on OTT communication apps?
- Is there any remaining potential for monetisation for mobile operators?
Who Should Read
- Operator-based strategy executives and marketing managers who are interested in understanding consumer market trends, and the changing role of operators as communications and video service providers.
- Market intelligence and research executives in service providers that are responsible for understanding end-user trends and supporting business units in identifying and addressing new opportunities in mobile communications and paid-for online video services.
- Equipment/device manufacturers and software providers that want to identify end-user trends in service and device usage and help their operator customers to better address market opportunities in mobile services related to communication and entertainment services.
Survey Data Coverage
The research was conducted between August and October 2018. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet-using population in Sub-Saharan Africa. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
- South Africa
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/eduzkw
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190404005554/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY INTERNET ONLINE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/04/2019 11:14 AM/DISC: 04/04/2019 11:13 AM