Worldwide Cancer Diagnostics Market Analysis & Outlook, 2019 to 2026 - A $249.6 Billion Opportunity - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 25, 2019--The “Cancer Diagnostics Market Analysis Report By Type (Laboratory Tests, Genetic Tests, Imaging, Endoscopy), By Application (Breast, Lung, Liver, Cervical, Colorectal, Skin), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global cancer diagnostics market size is expected to reach USD 249.6 billion by 2026, exhibiting a 7% CAGR during the forecast period.
Continual introduction of innovative products, coupled with increasing need for early diagnosis of various diseases, is a prime factor driving the market. In addition, rapid growth of the healthcare and diagnostics sector can be attributed to penetration of technologically advanced laboratory systems that have improved oncological screening in yielding accurate outcomes. Rising incidence of cancer is triggering demand for these screening tests and imaging modalities used for monitoring disease progression.
Collaborative and independent initiatives led by governments and companies are striving to raise cognizance about the benefits of early cancer diagnosis. In addition, cancer research organizations, along with public and private entities, are investing heavily on research projects to launch advanced diagnostic tools in the market, which are capable of diagnosing the disease much before the symptoms appear.
Furthermore, giant players are collaborating with governments and other agencies to enhance patient accessibility to these tests and products. For instance, Illumina, Inc. launched a new venture called GRAIL with investors, Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates, with an investment of more than USD 100 million. GRAIL is mainly focused on blood-based oncological screening for timely diagnosis of the most common tumor types through simple laboratory tests.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Rapid adoption of technology and escalating need for early diagnosis is augmenting the growth of imaging systems. Thus, the segment is expected to exhibit the fastest CAGR at 8% during the forecast period
- The breast cancer segment accounted for the largest share based on application due to high incidence rate of breast cancer triggering the need for its early diagnosis
- In 2018, North America dominated the global space with the largest revenue share of 42.0%. Focused research efforts in oncology for development of early tumor detection tools, coupled with grants from government healthcare agencies, are contributing to a strong medical ecosystem to fight cancer in this region
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing region during the forecast period. Favorable regulatory framework and growing patient pool in India, China, and Japan due to support in diagnostic process at comparatively lower prices are some of the factors boosting the market growth in this region
- Major players competing in this market include GE Healthcare, Abbott, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., and Siemens Healthcare GmbH. Other prominent players include but are not limited to Becton Dickinson & Company, Illumina, Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., and Hologic, Inc.
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Information Procurement
1.4 Information Analysis
1.5 Market Formulation & Data Visualization
1.6 Data Validation & Publishing
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Outlook
2.2 Segment Outlook
2.3 Competitive Insights
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Technology Overview
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.6 Market Dynamics
3.7 Cancer Diagnostics Market Analysis Tools
Chapter 4 Cancer Diagnostics Market: Competitive Analysis
4.1 Recent Developments & Impact Analysis, By Key Market Participants
4.2 Vendor Landscape
4.3 Public Companies
4.4 Private Companies
Chapter 5 Cancer Diagnostics Market: Type Estimates and Trend Analysis
5.1 Definition and Scope
5.2 Type Market Share Analysis, 2018 & 2026
5.3 Segment Dashboard
5.4 Global Cancer Diagnostics Market, by Type, 2014 - 2026 (USD Million)
5.5 Market Size & Forecasts and Trend Analyses, 2014 to 2026, by Type
Chapter 6 Cancer Diagnostics Market: Application Estimates And Trend Analysis
6.1 Definition And Scope
6.2 Application Market Share Analysis, 2018 & 2026
6.3 Segment Dashboard
6.4 Global Cancer Diagnostics Market, By Application, 2014-2026 (USD Million)
6.5 Market Size & Forecasts And Trend Analyses, 2014 To 2026, By Application
Chapter 7 Cancer Diagnostics Market Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product & Application
7.1 Regional Market Snapshot
7.2 Regional Market Share and Leading Players, 2018
7.3 Market Share Analysis by Country/ State
7.4 SWOT Analysis, by Factor (Political & Legal, Economic and Technological)
7.5 Market Size, & Forecasts and Trend Analysis, 2014 TO 2026
7.6 North America
7.8 Asia Pacific
7.9 Latin America
7.10 Middle East and Africa
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
8.1 Abbott Laboratories
8.2 Qiagen N.V.
8.3 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
8.4 Siemens Healthineers
8.5 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
8.6 GE Healthcare
8.7 Hologic, Inc.
8.8 Becton Dickinson & Company
8.9 Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Philips)
8.10 Illumina, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/83mhpv/worldwide_cancer?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190225005816/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH CLINICAL TRIALS ONCOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/25/2019 12:34 PM/DISC: 02/25/2019 12:34 PM