AP NEWS

Rain could start early Tuesday, continue to Thursday

September 18, 2018

A mini heat wave in Madison is coming to an end, with rain and colder temperatures starting early Tuesday and continuing into Thursday.

The National Weather Service said 1 to 2 inches of rain could fall in Madison, and upwards of 3 inches or more in southwest Wisconsin, areas that are still drying out from massive rains and floods in late August into early September.

The day-to-day outlook:

Monday night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11 p.m., low around 64.Tuesday: A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1 p.m., high near 76. Up to a tenth of an inch of rain is possible, more in storms.Tuesday night: A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 a.m., low around 60. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Wednesday: A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1 p.m., high near 72. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Wednesday night: A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 a.m., low around 65.Thursday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 80. Winds gusting up to 30 mph.Thursday night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1 a.m., low around 60.Friday: Partly sunny, high near 69.Friday night: Partly cloudy, low around 33.Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers, mostly sunny, high near 68.Saturday night: A 20 percent chance of showers, low around 52.Sunday: Mostly sunny, high near 68.

AP RADIO
Update hourly