Memorial Day ceremony set
WINFIELD — American Legion James E. Marshall Post 187 of Winfield will lead a Memorial Day ceremony at 10 a.m. on Monday, May 27, at the War Memorial at the Winfield Bridge.
The welcome address will be given by Commander Delbert Brannon of American Legion Post 187. The ceremony will continue as follows:
• Presentation of Colors: Marine Corps League Huntington/Hurricane Detachment 340
• Invocation: Chaplain David Bush American Legion Post 187
• Pledge of Allegiance: American Legion Post 187
• Speaker: Legionnaire Herman “Herk” N. Nicely, II American Legion Post 187
• Rifle Salute and Taps: Honor Guard American Legion Post 187
• Music: Legionnaire Carl Walker, harmonica
• Benediction: Chaplain David Bush
• Retirement of Colors: Marine Corps League Huntington/Hurricane Detachment 340.