Voice ideas for parks
NEEDLES — The city of Needles is conducting a series of workshops to obtain public input on application for state parks and recreation grant funds after an initial meeting to set priorities on March 13. The follow-up meetings will be held on location at some of the parks for which applications may be filed. All are invited to attend and express their ideas for improvements or new futures. The schedule:
• Saturday, March 16, 10 a.m. at Bureau Bay and Jack Smith Park at the end of River Road.
• Monday, March 18, noon at Duke Watkins Park along J Street.
• Wednesday, March 20, 9 a.m. at the Needles Aquatic Center along J Street.
• Saturday, March 23, noon at Jack Smith Park.
• Monday, March 25, 10 a.m. at the Needles Aquatic Center.
• Wednesday, March 27, noon at Bureau Bay and Jack Smith Park.
• Friday, March 29, 2 p.m. at Jack Smith Park.
• Saturday, March 30, noon at Duke Watkins Park.
Grant funds come from voter-approved Proposition 68, the Parks and Water Bond Act of 2018. According to the city, $650,275,000 is currently available. Individual project applications are to be at least $200,000 and not more than $8.5 million. Rainie Torrance is coordinating Needles’ efforts; call her at 760-326-2115, ext. 140.