AP NEWS
Related topics

Fire erupts inside recently condemned hotel

December 18, 2018

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — Cheyenne fire crews put out a fire in a room at the recently condemned Hitching Post Inn.

The Wyoming Tribune Eagle reports Cheyenne Fire and Rescue spokesman Scott Smith says firefighters received a call at 7:45 a.m. Monday from maintenance workers about a fire in the inner portion of the Hitching Post.

Smith says the fire, which appeared to have started in a lower apartment and spread to the top floor in the hallway, was under control by 7:56 a.m.

Smith says there was no one in the building when firefighters and first-responders arrived.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

The Hitching Post Inn was condemned last week, and its owner was given 30 days to demolish it before the city does it for her.

___

Information from: Wyoming Tribune Eagle, http://www.wyomingnews.com

AP RADIO
Update hourly