The Eastern European Skincare Sector, 2019-2023: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High-Growth Economies - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 20, 2019--
The “Opportunities in the Eastern European Skincare Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High-Growth Economies” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Opportunities in the Eastern European Skincare Sector brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region’s skincare sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
The Eastern European skincare sector, which accounts for a 4.1% share of the global market, was valued at US$5,284 million in 2018, and is forecast to reach US$6,479.6 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% during 2018-2023. The facial care category held the largest share, accounting for 66.9% of total value sales in 2018, while body care, the second-largest category, held a value share of 17.6%. With a projected CAGR of 4.8% during 2018-2023, hand care is forecast to record the fastest growth among all skincare categories in Eastern Europe.
In the Eastern Europe region, Turkey, Poland, Russia, and Czech Republic emerged as the high-potential countries for skincare products. With value sales of US$2,560.7 million in 2018, Russia was the largest market for skincare products in the region, while Turkey is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 6.6% during 2018-2023. The Eastern European skincare sector is highly competitive, with the top five brands - Nivea, L’Oreal, Avon, Garnier, and Oriflame - accounting for a combined value share of 24.7% in 2018. Private label held a 2.7% share of total value sales in the sector in 2018.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets as a distribution channel accounted for 30.1% of total value sales of skincare products in Eastern Europe in 2018, while health & beauty stores recorded 28.2% value share in the same year. As for packaging formats, rigid plastics accounted for the largest share of pack materials used in the Eastern European skincare sector with a volume share of 47.1% in 2018. It is followed by flexible packaging with a volume share of 39.5. Tube was the most commonly used pack type, while screw top remained the preferred closure type in 2018.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - Eastern Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Identifying high-potential countries in Eastern Europe
- Identifying high-potential countries: Methodology
- High-potential countries in Eastern Europe
- Identifying high-potential countries: Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in Eastern Europe)
- High-potential countries in Eastern Europe - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of skincare compared to other cosmetics & toiletries sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and skincare sector
- Per capita consumption analysis
- Per capita expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles (high-potential countries in Eastern Europe)
- Czech Republic
6. Success stories
- Skincare in Eastern Europe: Case studies
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the Eastern European skincare sector
- Leading companies in the Eastern European skincare sector
- Leading brands in the Eastern European skincare sector
- Private label penetration in the Eastern European skincare sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key pack formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
- L’Oreal S.A.
- Beiersdorf AG
- Avon Products Inc.
- Oriflame Cosmetics S.A.
- Yves Rocher International
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc
- Mary Kay Inc.
- The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Amway Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/j8r5u7
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005525/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Skin Care Products
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL COSMETICS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/20/2019 11:05 AM/DISC: 05/20/2019 11:05 AM