2019 Study on Solid-State Lighting: Technologies & Global Markets (2018-2023) Featuring 3M, Honeywell, Eaton, PhotonStar LED Group, Cree and Samsung Electronics - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 6, 2019--The “Solid-State Lighting: Technologies and Global Markets” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The scope of this report is broad and covers global markets of solid-state lighting used globally in various types of applications. The market is broken down by major types, by application, end-user industries and by region. Revenue forecasts from 2018 to 2023 are presented for each major type, application, and regional markets.
The report also includes a discussion on the major players in each of the regional markets for solid-state lighting market. It explains the major market drivers of the global solid-state lighting industry, the current trends within the industry, and the regional dynamics of the solid-state lighting market. The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape. It includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the solid-state lighting industry globally.
The report includes:
- 68 tables
- An overview of the global solid-state lighting (SSL) technology market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of technologies and factors influencing demand
- Coverage of SSL technologies, including LED (light-emitting diodes) and OLED (organic light-emitting diodes), as well as substrate mounts, packaging materials, and manufacturing techniques
- Profiles of major companies in the market, including 3M, Honeywell International, Eaton Corp, PhotonStar LED Group, Cree and Samsung Electronics
According to studies, lighting accounts for a substantial share of total global energy consumption. The increasing demands for environmentally-friendly and energy-saving lighting technologies are key factors driving the growth of the global solid-state lighting market. Moreover, various government initiatives are promoting the use of SSL technologies over conventional lighting. Technological advancements in the lighting industry aim at providing higher lighting output while consuming less power.
Solid-state lighting has the potential to transform the global lighting market with the introduction of energy-efficient light sources. Solid-state lighting is used in many industries for general lighting, backlighting, automotive lighting, among others. The widespread application of solid-state lighting is found in architectural, consumer electronics, commercial and industrial, residential, transportation and automotive industries, among others.
Solid-state lighting does not contain hazardous substances or ultraviolet radiations, making it environmentally-friendly. Solid-state lighting system devices can function at a lower temperature than conventional light bulbs; this is projected to favorably impact market growth. The demands for solid state lighting devices are increasing for general lighting along with other applications such as horticulture and healthcare lighting.
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Recent Developments
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- North America
- South America
- Analyst’s Credentials
- Custom Research
- Related Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Types of Solid-State Lighting Devices
- Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
- Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs)
- Solid-State Lighting by Type of Installation
- New Installation
- Retrofit Installation
- Solid-State Lighting by End-User Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Commercial and Industrial
- Transportation and Automotive
Chapter 4 Global Market for Solid-State Lighting
- Global Market for Solid-State Lighting by Region
- Global Market for LED Solid-State Lighting by Region
- Global Market for OLED Solid-State Lighting by Region
- Global Market for Solid-State Lighting by Installation Type
- New Installations by Region
- Retrofit Installations by Region
- Global Market for Solid-State Lighting by Application
- General Lighting Applications by Technology Type
- Backlighting Applications by Technology Type
- Automotive Lighting Applications by Technology Type
- Other Lighting Applications by Technology Type
- General Lighting Applications by Region
- Backlighting Applications by Region
- Automotive Applications by Region
- Other Lighting Applications by Region
- Global Market for Solid-State Lighting Market by End-User Industry
- Architectural Applications by Technology Type
- Consumer Electronics Applications by Technology Type
- Commercial and Industrial Applications by Technology Type
- Residential Applications by Technology Type
- Transportation and Automotive Applications by Technology Type
- Other Applications by Technology Type
- Architectural Applications by Region
- Consumer Electronics Applications by Region
- Commercial and Industrial Applications by Region
- Residential Applications by Region
- Transportation and Automotive Applications by Region
- Other Applications by Region
Chapter 5 Market Drivers and Challenges
- Higher Energy Savings in Comparison to Other Forms of Lighting
- Various Energy Saving Government Initiatives Around the World
- Expanding Global Semiconductor Market
- Better Suitability of SSL in Low-Space Applications
- LEDs with Optimum Wavelength Provide Effective Plant Growth
- Standardization Issues
- Thermal Management
- Higher Cost of LEDs
- Hazard of Blue Light from Solid-State Lighting
Chapter 6 Patents
- Recent Patents
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- Acuity Brands Lighting Inc.
- Advanced Lighting Technologies Inc.
- Alkilu Enterprises LLC
- American Bright
- American Opto Plus Corp.
- Bridgelux, Inc.
- Citizen Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Cree Inc.
- CS Bright Corp.
- Eaton Corp. PLC
- Edison Opto Corp.
- Energy Focus Inc.
- Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Excellence Optoelectronics Inc.
- General Electric Co.
- Harvatek Corp
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Intematix Corp.
- Leviton Manufacturing Co. Inc.
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Lumileds, LLC
- Lutron Electronics Co. Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Moritex Corp.
- Nichia Corp.
- Oledworks Llc
- Orion Energy Systems Inc.
- Osram Licht AG
- Panasonic Corp.
- Photonstar Led Group PLC
- Rohm Co. Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
- Signify/Philips Lighting
- TCP International Holdings Ltd.
- Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd.
- Universal Display Corp.
- Visa Lighting
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/knvqcw/2019_study_on?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190306005665/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Lighting Equipment ,LED (Light Emitting Diodes)
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY OTHER ENERGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/06/2019 01:04 PM/DISC: 03/06/2019 01:04 PM