Man rescued from Fox Avenue house fire

December 23, 2018

A man was rescued by Fort Wayne firefighters from a house fire Sunday.

Firefighter crews were called to 2515 Fox Ave. at 11:51 p.m. when a neighbor called and reported smoke coming from the home, according to a news release.

When crews arrived, they forced their way into the downstairs apartment and found a male adult unconscious in his bed. He was removed and taken to a local hospital. His condition was unclear.

It took fire crews about 10 minutes to bring the fire under control. The structure received moderate smoke, fire and water damage, according to the release. The fire remains under investigation.

Update hourly