AP NEWS

Wiring to blame for motel blaze

March 23, 2019

A fire caused by electric wiring in the basement damaged a motel near Pokagon State Park on Friday morning, the Angola Fire Department said. No one was injured.

Firefighters were called to American Inn, 3980 Indiana 127 N., at 7:30 a.m. and found a two-story building with heavy fire visible from the first and second story. The blaze was controlled within a half hour.

The fire started in the basement and spread up the stairs to the second floor, the statement said.