Methuen teen released from jail
METHUEN, Mass. (AP) — Prosecutors plan to drop charges against a Methuen teenager who had been accused of making online threats to outdo the Boston Marathon bombings after a grand jury declined to indict.
Eighteen-year-old Cameron D’Ambrosio was released from the Essex County Jail on Thursday and returned to his parents’ home after the grand jury decided against indicting him on the charge of communicating a terrorist threat.
Authorities said he threated to outdo the carnage at the April 15 Boston Marathon bombings that killed three people.
D’Ambrosio’s lawyer tells The Eagle-Tribune (http://bit.ly/11JezVC ) the family is “extremely relieved.” He said the postings made no threats against a particular person and no weapons were found in a search of his home. He described the posting as rap lyrics.
Information from: Eagle Tribune (North Andover, Mass.), http://www.eagletribune.com