Mourinho to contest charge of improper conduct
LONDON (AP) — Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says he will contest a charge of improper conduct handed to him by the English Football Association for going onto the pitch and approaching the referee during a Premier League match.
Mourinho says on Friday, “I don’t accept the charge,” without explaining further.
Mourinho was ordered from the touchline after going on to the pitch and protesting the red card issued to Chelsea midfielder Ramires in the final stages of the 1-0 loss to Aston Villa on Saturday. Willian was also dismissed for Chelsea in the match.
The Portuguese coach previously has said that he was one of a number of people to spill onto the pitch from the benches and was only trying to cool tempers.
The FA charged Mourinho on Wednesday.