Volunteers sought for Aug. 4 North Park Kids Triathlon to help Habitat for Humanity
Sponsors of the North Park Kids Triathlon on Aug. 4 are seeking volunteers to help with the event.
Money raised by the triathlon benefits Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh.
Organizers of the event need about 20 people for the following duties:
• Pool: Direct kids out of the pool to the transition area.
• Chute: Direct kids in to the transition area and keep spectators from crossing in to the path of the athletes.
• Transition area: Assist with finding assigned carpet square/transition spot for participants to place bikes and other equipment.
• Bike course: Direct kids around bike course located in the parking lot.
• Run course: Direct kids up and down the run course on the driveway leading to the parking lot.
Set-up begins at 6:30 a.m. and the race begins at 8. Events are typically over by noon.
Volunteers must be 16 or older.
People interested in volunteering can apply online.
For more information, contact race coordinator Stephen Hart at: email@example.com or call him at 412-450-8520 Ext. 18.